400g Beef Mince (10% fat)
1 Medium Free Range Egg
65g Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
Salt & Pepper
400g Chopped Tomatoes Non Value
400g Mixed Vegetables (choose from any of the following: Mushrooms, Courgette, Peppers, Leek, Spinach)
1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
What you will need:
1 large mixing bowl
Non stick frying pan
2 x Saucepan
How to make:
- Place meat, fresh parsley, most of the Parmesan cheese with egg, salt & pepper into mixing bowl. Use hands and knead & bind mixture together.
- Take frying pan & melt your butter at medium-low heat.
- Once butter has melted, roll mixture into balls (your meatballs will shrink in size when cooking).
- Once rolled, place meatballs individually into saucepan. When placing meatballs into pan rub the ball into to butter to limit sticking. When cooking constantly turn meatballs until evenly browned.
- Next take your first saucepan add chopped tomatoes, vegetables, coriander & stock and simmer at a medium heat.
- In second saucepan boil rice.
- Once rice & vegetables in sauce have soften and meat balls have turned to a light brown colour, serve immediately.
- Dust meatballs with left over Parmesan cheese.
Serving & storage suggestion:
I have tried freezing meatballs but once defrosted & re-cooked the meatballs not taste as good. You can however freeze the sauce and that tastes as good as fresh once re-heated.
If you don’t like Parmesan Cheese, swap it for Mature Cheddar Cheese.